Wednesday, January 29, 2014

PNER Convention

Sarah and I went to the PNER Convention in Portland, OR last weekend. They had a lot of very informative classes to take, like lameness, hoof info, nutrition and ask the experts. It was fun and I learned quite a bit.
But I had the most fun at the USED TACK SALE. I bought a LOT of shit!
 
 
 
The red thing is a Pas-a-fier. You install it into a corner of a stall & supposedly they play with it. We'll see if Wifi likes it. I paid $10 for it, its about 30 in stores.
 
On the left are wide trail stirrups with cages to keep my feet from getting stuck if I fall off on a trail ride. I paid $50 for them, I saw new ones for $80.
 
There are some D ring savers I paid $5 for, I had seen similar ones online for 10 but I wanted some and these were there. You use these by hooking them around the stirrup bars and hooking your breastplate to it instead of the D rings on the front of your saddle. I'm sure with enough torque the D rings could be pulled out & its expensive to have them replaced correctly.
 
I got 2 pair of black stirrup leathers, nicer ones for the Bates saddle which I will use with my new Herm Sprenger stirrups with I paid $80 for (including shipping) and am waiting for them to come in the mail.
 
Then there is a water tank heater that goes in the plug, I paid $10 for it. I have a floating one but thought I'd give this a try, see if it works. It might leak.
 
And a soft fluffy ovation fleece girth in size 26 (Wifi size) for $20 and a girth extender $5 to make the girth fit Joey.
 
I also found a green biothane crupper for $15. I've never used one but I'm going to try this. I'll lunge Joey before I EVER  get on a saddle with it. The crupper holds the saddle back so it doesn't slide up onto your horses shoulders and neck when he's sweaty and going downhill.
 
So now I have everything I need to use the Bates on Joey without having to borrow stuff from Delicia.
 
 

I am borrowing a biothane bridle from Tina to try on Joey (for sale for $25). Its red, like this one, except no reins. I'll find some nice comfortable reins to use, I think these biothane ones could cut me if he pulled hard.

And I got me another pair of full seat Kerrits breeches in blue & black, just like my others but half price.

Now that I have so much endurance riding equipment I need to start riding more. This evening I checked out boarding barns in Phoenix, AZ, just in case Lan & I ever decided to move there.


No comments:

Post a Comment