Friday, January 10, 2014

Switching Horses

Should I ride Joey for endurance this year?
He is 18 come April and hasn't been ridden a whole lot for years but he absolutely loves to go out on trails. I rode him the other day and he had a good time. I rode Wifi in a lesson and we were all over the place. I'm wondering if I should ride him this year while she continues her education and then next year I'll be a better rider and will be better for her. Joey is so forgiving of my crappy riding but taking lessons on him while Wifi is ridden by Delicia is helping me, a lot.

I found a used horse size biothane breast plate the other day, picked it up for $10. Its $115 new.

 
It needs to be washed & I can just throw it into the dishwasher for that. The cool thing is that I *think* I have some reins that match but might have sold them at a BIG ASS BARN SALE last summer. I'll have to dig around in the tack room to see. I'm going to be on the look out for more biothane items, like a halter bridle combo. I'm also hoping that I'll lose some weight before we attempt a lot of miles so he can carry me the whole way.
 
Wifi got her new girth & bit, too bad Joey is so much bigger than her that I'll need a different girth in order for him to use the Bates saddle. Delicia will be helping me size the saddle to him so I can get used to riding in it.
 
I also picked up 2 pair of Kerrits breeches, full seat. One is polar fleece, should be nice and warm, the other is regular.
 
 
 
Sarah and I are planning on riding a lot but so far she's ahead of me in miles. One things for sure, I'll be KICKING ASS on the Sea Spots Penny-A-Mile this year. No way is Meghan going to cheat and win, cheater.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Triathlon news:
Tomorrow morning I have a 3.1 mile run I'm hosting along Beach Drive.  @ months ago I paid $25 for this virtual run. They say you can run or walk any distance, any time you want before the end of February so since several people I know signed up I decided to organize a run. Maybe 5 people will come, or maybe only Lan & I. But no matter what, I'm not wearing my medal until I EARN it.

I'll print out official Bibs too and after the run we will enjoy a hot Chai tea and wear our medals.
 
 
It will be fun, especially if Windy & Terry go too and a couple other gals said they would like to run too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment