Sunday, September 29, 2013

13.1

 

I ran in Race For A Soldier today, a local half marathon supporting soldiers with
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
 
  I used Lindy's entry because she's on another vacation, this time in Maine or someplace nice and beautiful like that. She travels a lot so that's probably why she didn't want to run this race herself. lets see, do I travel or run 13.1 miles?
 
 They made the shirts red this year and used the same material as they did the first year and I like that shirt a lot. Long sleeved, perfect weight for running in.
 
 We had to run down Peacock Hill Blvd into Gig Harbor; last year it was a little different than that and the first year it was a 75% different course.
 
 With a forecast of rain I was overdressed for what we actually got, only a little light rain and it wasn't enough to make me cold or wet. So right before mile 3, at the bottom of the hill, I handed off my extra shirt, gloves and ear warmers to Lan.
 
I really wished I could have kept that shirt on, it's one of my 140.6 FINISHER shirts I got at Ironman. I paid $129.99 for each one and I have 2 so I want to wear them and in places where people can appreciate them.
 
 Lan caught me walking! But in my defense, it was uphill and I wasn't the only one.
 
After we came down Peacock it was mostly all uphill after that, so basically 10 miles of uphill. But if they did it backwards I wonder how it would be/ To run UP Peacock after 10 miles?
 

 I chicked this guy with less than 2 miles to go! and believe it or not I was running in this photo.
I did the last 2 miles in 20 minutes.
 
FINISHERS medal.
 
 
Technically I was in the F 65-69 division but I'm 50 so I will compare myself to others of my age.
 
2:38:26 finish time
 
852nd out of 995 finishers
 
377th out of 472 females
 
32nd out of 36 F 50-54
 
12:06 Pace
 
2:13:31 Average time, including males

No comments:

Post a Comment