Monday, June 10, 2013

Taper week


I have 13 days until my race. This morning I woke up, not knowing what kind of exercise day to expect, since I didn't check my schedule last night.  DAY OFF!!  So I'm going to get some work done around the house, maybe clean the barn.

These last 2 weeks have been crazy. I worked 33 hours two weeks ago, then just a couple shifts this week but they were midnight-4am and one midnight-9am, those KILL me. They totally ruin any training plans I might have.

I did have a few good workouts. On Tuesday I swam 2.5 miles at Wildcat Lake, first time ever to go that distance. I was exhausted afterward and scarfed down a sandwich Windy brought for me. but I got it done.

My wetsuit wasn't on right and I fatigued my left arm/shoulder on that swim so the next day I had planned on 100 miles on the bike but due to arm/shoulder pain (it hurt just being attached to me) and Barbara backing out at the last minute as riding partner for second half of the ride, I didn't ride.


Weekly totals for June 3-9
Swim: 6 miles
Bike: 52.6 miles
Run: 4.8 miles
Total Time: 9:30
Total Distance: 63.4 miles
I am now officially in TAPER mode and even though I wasn't last week, I'll call that a pre-taper week. This week I'll still be putting in just as much or more hours working out. As long as I DO it and don't get called in to work. I'm only scheduled for 2 shifts, one of which is done for this week.
 
Sad news: My Timex watch is beginning to fail me and I'm afraid it isn't going to Ironman with me again. The buttons wont work and the timer has decided to start/stop of its own free will. I can't have that! If I think I have 5 hours left but really only 4, I'd never make it. Just cant take a chance like that.
 
Horsey news:
Wifi survived a week of training with Kate & she's going back for more. I'd love to have her in training for a month, living there, so she gets 5 days a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment