Saturday, September 8, 2018

Life in the barn

Gary came out to trim hooves


Gus was a ROCKSTAR!!
It certainly pays off to work on picking up hooves


Joey was good too. I kept wondering why he was so perky, it was a Unicorn balloon in front of him


I paid $5 for this halter at a sale, its a really nice one. The other night I ordered halter tags for my horses, RED will be going on the wayside


I took this right after I had to get after Wifi for nibbling on my shirt. Shes never done that before.


She's still pouting


Gary likes her feet, its been 8 weeks and they still look fantastic. One reason is genetics, one is that shes never had shoes on before, one is that I try to keep them on a good schedule for trims. I started her trims when she was a month old, never too young to learn about the farrier





Mack was a turd, pulling back, leaning on Gary, pulling his hoof away. Sigh.
I ordered him a halter name plate also, just going to put it on his halter,, not going to tell Meghan till she comes out to see him.


I ordered Gus a new leather halter and found this at Stateline Tack for less than $12, its REAL NICE and adjust able so fits him well. I'm pretty happy with it and his name tag will look good on it.

TRIATHLON NEWS:

I have signed up for the December 30, 2018 Yukon Do It half marathon so I better get my ass out there and run, at least walk. I'm so fat right now so I'm dieting and walking every day. Have lost a few pounds, mostly food I haven't eaten so I'm not full of poop. We shall see how I'm doing in a week. I plan on getting out to walk every single day and start running soon.


Tomorrow is the VERY LAST  Tri Turtle Tri and since we won't be racing, Lan & I volunteered to help with parking. Neither of us want to be out there all day so I made sure to let her know we need to come home at noon. 

It rained last night so there is a bit lest dust, I hope it doesn't rain on the race. 


No comments:

Post a Comment