Sunday, September 23, 2018

Finished Halters

I got the www.haltertags.com name plates in the mail, couldn't wait to get them onto the halters. 
Definitely need to oil the halters too.


Here is Gus with his new halter & doesn't he look SMASHING? 



Here is Joey
They spelled his name wrong, just like the guys in Kentucky did with his halter 20 years ago. 
I'm OK with it this time.


This halter was $5 at a barn sale & had RED on its old plate.


And Wifi.
She was more concerned about getting to her dinner than showing off her new halter plate.



I chose the Chicago Screws to attach them instead of rivets so that I can use them on other halters in the future. Wifi's halter is the crappy old one that wasn't stolen when my others were (and that's why I'm pretty fucking sure it was Sarah Goathouse who stole all my stuff).

I'd really like to get each of them new halters made of soft leather that's also strong, triple stitched, like the ones I had before. Maybe I need to make a trip to Kentucky to pick some up myself. I don't particularly care for the throatlatch snaps & all of these halters have them. They  more a grooming aid than anything else. I'd rather use the crownpiece to buckle it on and off than by slipping it over their ears and using the snap.

We've been putting Joey & Wifi in the stable comfort stalls every night and in the mornings both have looked like they aren't in pain. Wifi's shoulders/withers, where she took a tumble or something in spring 2017. Each horse also has their outside run available to them & sometimes they actually go out there to poop.

And this cart is for sale in Enumclaw, $250. Tuesday is my payday & I'm hoping the person who has it will sell it to me. I'm not even sure it will fit Gus but maybe, if it doesn't, it can be adjusted/altered.


No comments:

Post a Comment