Thursday, June 2, 2016

Opportunity

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm reading a few older running books. Not everything has changed but a lot has. I saw one guy has a way of getting faster and supposedly it works. He runs 1 mile, 1 time a week, 1 minute faster pace than normal race pace.
Of course, he warms up well, runs the mile and then cools down. Said he did it for 4 weeks and was a lot faster in his next half marathon. He does it at his local track so it's exact mileage and flat so I'm going to try it at our track.

Today I ran 4 miles, first one 10:11, second 12:??, third was faster than second and the last one was slowest. But during the third mile I ran with a guy pushing a stroller and it was a bit faster than my norm and uphill. Did 4 miles in 47 minutes.

We are supposed to get temperatures into the high 80s and low 90s this weekend. On Saturday I'll be working in the morning so I think I'll need to get the top off the Miata.

No comments:

Post a Comment