Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bike Sandwich

Run, bike & run again, sounds easy enough.
 
 
Today I was supposed to run 1:20, bike 1:00 and run :40 but I went over on my first run, to 1:45. Ran 8.56 hilly miles. Did a 15 minute transition and rode my bike exactly 16 miles in an hour.
Then back into my running shoes and out onto the road.
BOOM!
But I was out of gas.
I ran / walked half mile up the road, turned around and headed home. Got halfway back and notice loose cows in the yard beside me, no one lives there and neither do those cows.
I know, because I've seen those cows loose a few times this week, usually in the pasture across the street from here.
Obviously that red cow this the hard bossy cow. Today as I stood on the side of the road I watched her pushing the others around until they left the scene of the crime, faded into the woods behind the empty house.
Animal Control was finally called.
 
I tried to call Lan, got no response. When he finally called me back I was pretty upset since I had just told him an hour earlier that he needed to keep his phone on him when I was out for long periods of time in case I needed him for anything. And I HAD needed him during my long run. Forgot my bottle and he could have brought it to me a lot easier than me running back for it.
So I had to run 5 miles without water and while I didn't die or at any time feel like I was going to, it would have been nice to wet my mouth and have my tissues so I could blow my nose. I totally DISLIKE logger blows.
 
 
I got a total of 9.5 miles ran today and I'm OK with that.
 
As for the bike, I figured out a lap out here on our very road is pretty 'flat', for our area. Go from out house down to Cenex, turn around and come back here, past home, past my friends road to the Possum Run Farm (where I thought the cows go but they don't) and back to our house and its 8 miles. If I ride that 14 times, its 112 miles.
 
Here is what I would like to do this week:
 
7 laps, 56 miles.
I think its a pretty good plan.
 
Next weekend is Irongirl.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment