Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Harstine Island Half Marathon

Last Saturday I participated in and finished the Harstine Island Half Marathon in Shelton. Its a local race, there were 88 people who signed up and started and 86 finished. There were 63 females, 13 in the 50-59 age group (they didn't do age groups, I am just using them to compare against me) and I finished 4th our of the 13. My time was 2:35 their time, 2:31 my time. (I didn't count the time to run all the way to the restroom, it was 1/4 mile off the run route). It was also very hilly, 941 feet of elevation gain, most of it at the beginning. Mile 8 was my fastest and it was flattest. There was no one I knew running with me.

I am happy with the results and if they offered it again next year I would do it.
It starts right at the tip of this arrow



and Lan sleeps

No comments:

Post a Comment