Monday, August 11, 2014

last minute decision

I made a last minute decision to race the Wild Hare triathlon, put on by our tri club. I had to pay way more than the initial sign up fee but it was so much fun that it was worth it.
There were about 68 people signed up, I had bib #163.
 
Swim warm up
There's me, in the orange cap.
 
Swim start.
My swim time for the half mile: 21 minutes

 
T1 time: 3 minutes
 
Bike time, 15.8 miles: 1:02
 
Here is Lan, who took 3rd overall.

 
T2 time: 1
 
Run 3.4 miles time: 42:45
 
Finish time: 2:09:45
 
I placed 38 out of 53 competitors, there were several relay teams.
 
There is one time clock and our times were hand written by volunteers. I'm sure my T2 was much closer to 2 minutes and felt like 5.
 
And here I am after the race, freshly sponge bathed off and ready to go to work.

 
It was a hot day, I had on sunscreen but I still got burnt, my ankles have a very definite sock line.

No comments:

Post a Comment