Monday, July 15, 2013

Back to NORMAL

A little over three weeks ago I became and IRONMAN. Now everything is back to normal and I'm enjoying life to the fullest. I haven't ridden much or done much of anything for that matter. I'm taking it easy, got myself sick when I did that long ride.

I have ridden with Lori once, just an easy 15 miles, I've swam a few times and NO running. The blisters are still there, some have opened up & I've trimmed off the flapping skin, some are still intact. But its still painful if too much friction happens and the new skin is tender.

lake dirt on foot

Horsey News:
Today I went horse back riding with Sarah on my horses in Banner Forest for the 1st time all summer. What a lovely day!!  She rode Joey and I was on Sunshower. We rode for about 2 hours and it was fun. Nice and relaxed, no hurrying. Joey didn't pull back when we were saddling him. There was no kicking or bitching.

Sunshower is barefoot so her feet were ouchy. She needs a trim desperately so now is a good time for Gary to put front shoes on her.

Wifi is in training at Kates barn. I was there last week to watch her lesson and shes coming along OK. But just OK. I don't know how much time Kate is riding her but Wifi doesn't seem any farther along than when I was riding her 2 years ago.

I've made arrangements for Delicia to start giving me lessons here at home after Wifi comes home. I like her and the way she teaches me and I need guidance but I cant afford another month for Wifi to live with Kate. And Kate wont come here and Delicia WILL come here. Plus, I've known & liked Delicia for a long time and Kate is mad at her & unfriended her on FB and I don't understand how someone could do that. This is my way of showing her that I still care for and like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment