Friday, June 15, 2012

8 Days Remaining

How is training going? Taper, only 8 days until I start counting down hours.

First, lets see the goofy picture I took of Linda today...

These goggles were blocking her nose and she started laughing and SNORTING, it was hilarious!


Like I wasn't tapering the entire last 10 months!  No, really, I have been working harder and harder each and every month, just go to www.dailymile.com and check out my workout history, every month since January it shows more and more each month.

This is my statistics for the past year showing all my workouts combined. In December I ran my 1st marathon and I had been slowly working up my miles but icky winter weather slowed me down a lot. I did a lot of spin classes over the winter to make up for not being able to ride outdoors.

Overall


Here is my swimming graph. Is it obvious I haven't swam much? I don't care for the sport because I can frolic pretty well but I only had my first lesson 1.25 years ago and then only 6 with a high school kid and then 4 lessons with Ryan in October & November. It isn't showing the 1.4 miles I swam today.

Swimming

The bike graph, with the most miles and my favorite sport. The miles have really added up fast on here since it is the easiest to do. I'll continue to ride and try to improve so I can race bikes more, I love going fast.


Biking

Running graph... I was doing pretty well up until January, when I was 1st recovering from Yukon Do It marathon & then realized I had injured my Hip Flexor. I ran a could 5k's in the week or 2 before the half marathon in May & that's why it goes up then.
I haven't run a whole lot, actually none, in June. I'm not really worried about it, I can walk the marathon & jog a lot of it.



Running

This is the jogging/walking graph. Since I knew I had to at least attempt to move my feet in any kind of walking/jogging/running motion I did walk. It doesn't hurt the Hip Flexor and I could do more of this with Linda than running, even though she has run more than I have, a lot more. but shes never run a half marathon, let alone a full marathon.

Walking
In 10 days my Ironman will be over, whether I finish in 17 hours or not. I'm nervous and have had a few bitchy moments but not too many and I'm not freaking out. Yet. I'm sure I will.

I'm extremely glad I have just finished my PMS (so what if I don't have a period, I still get the bloating) so I'll be a little less bitchy in the next week. I should also feel a bit better physically on race day since I won't be bloated and my boobs won't be so dang tender.

Two days ago Linda and I got together to go over our lists and that made me nervous, more than anything else has. I was shaky nervous. People everywhere I go ask if I'm nervous & I sarcastically say NO, not at all. But I haven't been too bad, thankfully.

I have so much to do and here I sit on the computer farting around.

Things I have yet to do in the next 5 days:
Dye hair
pack!
unpack, repack, unpack, repack!!!!!!
load truck
wash truck
gas up scooters
wash bike
buy new undies for the trip
new shoes?


Things I did get done this last week:
manicure
pedicure - really needed one, ingrown toe nails
hair cut, short!
picked up borrowed canopy for truck
visited a few stores, last minute shopping
made arrangements for horses to be fed
have a list of people to thank
bought yet another pair of cycling shorts gel shammy, yay.


So much to do for an Ironman, so little time left. I remember when I started my countdown,

No comments:

Post a Comment