Tuesday, September 3, 2024

All The Possibilities

I've been thinking about the kitchen & bathroom we will end up with in our Pioche house. 

I want something light and airy


After looking at hundreds of small kitchens online, I saw this one with high windows and since our walls are 9 feet high, I want high windows.


I also love subway tile


I don't want open shelves, that's just asking for dust to get on clean dishes
and things to look unsightly.


The kitchen needs a white sink but it doesn't have to be a farmhouse sink and it needs to sit above the countertop, not beneath it.
It must have a dishwasher and a smaller one is perfectly fine.
BIG TALL windows above the sink.
Light colored countertop.
White cupboards.
I'd like the oven built into the wall.
I do not want the cook top to be in any island we might have.
Gas stove is highly preferred.
I'd love to have the fridge, dish washer and stove to look like the rest of the cupboards.


And the bathroom

While I've LOVE a tub like this, it's not practical, we need a shower.


We also need a washer and dryer in the house and I'm thinking a stacked set beside the shower would be just fine.
I like this idea of a fold up table too but not if there will be guests in the house.


I like how this shower folds in on itself, making lots of room when its not in use. One thing I HATE is not having enough elbow room while I'm doing laundry.


Lan wants a shower that's bigger than 3x3 and I insist on a door, not a shower curtain.


The shower below looks kinda trailer trashy but this is the kind of stacked combo I want. 


I'm also perfectly fine with a small storage area for towels, TP and soaps. 


IF, and I seriously mean IF, we do Airbnb with it, I don't want anything extra in the house that guests can ruin. The shower MUST be easy to get into to clean. The shower will not have inset cubbies like upper photo, that's a gross mess.

And I'd also like a built in ironing board cubby


Even just a small board in case I need to ever look nice.



















No comments:

Post a Comment