Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Ambleside Update

I went over to Prosser to visit Amble and had a lesson with Will.


He worked Amble first, shes very reactive and nowhere near ready to hook up to a cart.
I knew it would be a slow process and I'm OK with it, shes young and I'm betting in a year she will be more mature and ready for this job.


I have 3 leather harnesses but am going to get her a Biothane one.


They're much easier to care for, you can literally wash it while you're washing off the horse.


Will let the harness traces hang down while he worked her so that she can learn about stuff hitting her legs and to feel the movement of it on her sides and legs.

I'm excited to bring her home and actually have something I can work her with. I don't have to have a harness on her, I can just long rein her and I can do it all winter since we have a covered arena. 
Put it to use finally.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment