Wednesday, November 10, 2021

We Go Get Amble Tomorrow

We are leaving tomorrow morning to go pick up Amble; 
will meet the haulers in Sandpoint, Idaho 
about an hour after they cross the border from Canada.

Two weeks ago I had to navigate the whole border paperwork & information thing, 
I was stressing out. I finally called the agent 
who walked me through every question and I got it all finished in plenty of time.

MORE good news, 
she's got her registration number.


She's 4.5 months old now.
Two weeks ago she had her vet check, 
she weighed in at 440 lbs and is 12.1hh.


Breeder said her head has grown in the last 2 weeks & her halter no longer fits!

We're borrowing this trailer from Erin so we don't have to take our 4 horse slant gooseneck. 
The weather these next couple days isn't going to be good and I'm hoping the snow plows on Snoqualmie Pass can keep up with the snow. 


We have snow chains for the truck and the trailer, if needed.


I cleaned out a little poop yesterday and have this bag of shavings ready to put down for her comfort.



I'll have a pile of hay and a bucket of water, I'll have a muck bucket and fork, 
I'll have an extra halter and lead rope.

I had thought about bringing Gussy along to make her ride hope less lonely BUT he lost a LOT of weight when he went over to visit Annie for 3 days & I don't want him stressing out like that again.
Poor Amble will have to be stressed out alone. Poor baby.

The trailer has one small flaw that I'm concerned about & 
we will figure something out to amend it before we leave.


These two metal cylinders are supposed to be aligned and a pin inserted to keep the door shut 
in case the upper handle comes unhitched for any reason.  
I've asked Lan to straighten them & we will find a pin to insert there.


Lan is out there right now fixing this & taking the dividers out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment