Sunday, October 23, 2016

IMAZ 2017 Early Entry

Jim has FINISHED a few Ironmans and he has also DNFd 3, 2 of which were his last ones, IMCDA and IMLouisville. I think the heat got to him.  So hes talking lately about not signing up for another one but he is hinting around that he does want to ~ but resisting.
So I have this IMAZ 2017 early entry available to me and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to use it so I have offered it to him. He will get to do an awesome race and not have to volunteer or pay extra to do it.
 
I myself am still on the fence about it; if its November 19th then no way since it would be on Thanksgiving week and I'll be working. But I'm wondering if Ironman will move it ahead a week, putting it on November 12th. That seems like the logical thing to do, since so many people won't want to travel on the holiday week. But I'd rather ride horses all summer and do fun rides than train for a big ass race again.
 
Yesterday I rode with Karen and Kim and it was fun


 except Sunshower didn't think it was fun at all. Shes not the best trail horse and she HAD to stay right on Angels ass and Angel wasn't too thrilled about it.
 
And then there is THIS GIRL

 
Wifi
 
She needs attention and has been begging for it for months. I've been spending much more time with them lately and she is thriving on it.
 
Went to bank to see about a construction loan, keeping fingers crossed. Would really like to get the hardwood floors in the house, the barn completed and a few other things Lan wants around here.
 
Finally coordinated a bunch of small things to make some simple improvements in the barn. I've had all these things sitting around in various boxes in the house, tack room and barn, waiting for a drill, charged battery, screws and time to do them. It all came together this morning.
 
Added 2 bucket hooks to each stall plus feed bucket hooks in Joeys & Roses's stalls. Now I need to figure out where in the hell all my buckets have gone too. I had 14 buckets at the other farm, found 9 today.
 
 
Whip holder inside the barn for the good whips. These are my new lunge & dressage whips, not to be confused with the old arena whips seen below.

 
This is a Blocker Tie Ring, when a horse pulls back this lets him move but doesn't let him loose. I'll use it with Joey and the girls, mostly the girls just stand nicely for me but he has always been a puller.

 
Here are the arena whips, all dirty and old. Do they even make them like these any longer?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment