Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Hardest Runs

Once in a while I decide to go out for a run and sometimes they are easy but other times they are really hard from the get go.
Yesterday morning I hitched a ride to the lake, Lan was going to swim and then run with Andy and I was just going to run. Right off the bat it felt hard, couldn't get a rhythm or get my breathing right, my legs had mysterious pains, etc. I always stretch at 1/2 mile and after that I felt a bit better, but not a lot. Looked at GPS, said 11:47 and it took me a while to figure out it was pace, not mph. For me, that's a good clip but I'm used to seeing mph.
So I ran and walked, Sydney, Spruce, Madrona, Oak and Bethel Burley roads. I had half mile to go when I realized if I hurried I could get 5 miles in an hour so I started doing strides and finished at 1:01. But then I remembered that I had stopped to talk to some parents about their kids getting on the buss and I didn't stop my watch, taking 3-4 minutes to talk to them. So I actually went a bit faster than 5mph. More like, 5.05mph.
Granted, this was all downhill but I had to slow down going down Oak, it's pretty steep and I am saving my knees for old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment