Monday, September 7, 2015

So Much To Do, So Little Time

I have a half Ironman Distance race this weekend; I'm pretty sure I can do it but what if?? I still haven't gone farther than 60 miles on any of my rides. That's NOT good enough for an Ironman. Tomorrow I'm going out to Enumclaw to ride the bike course, one lap of the 2 lap course. Then I should run for a while too, since my training plan calls for it. I could run around the lake. I'm such a slow swimmer that I'll be last out of the water of all the racers of the day.

Two weeks later I have the Race For A Soldier Half Marathon in Gig Harbor. Its my favorite half because the proceeds go to a good cause, to soldiers with PTSD. At the race, they call it Permission To Start Dreaming. The lady who founded it lost her soldier son to suicide and this helps more soldiers to deal with the bad stuff. One of the ways is by supporting a horseback riding program and it helps a lot of them.

Ironman Arizona is only about 10 weeks away. I don't feel ready. Today I was stressing out about that and a whole lot of other shit.

Like, the old farm hasn't sold. It was supposed to close on the 10th but the appraiser didn't get the shit done in time. Now they need ANOTHER extension. This bullshit is stressing me out and I'm gaining weight.

I've also been working full time and that cuts into my working out time and makes me more tired. We do have a new bid out and I'll find out in a week or so which position I'll be in. They have made two more shifts at my dock, a 38 hour and a 31 hour, both have graveyard shifts, one has two graveyards and 2 swings. All selling hours so they will be paying $25 per hour. Of course I bid on them but I don't really want to get either of them. I also bid for the Point Defiance positions, one of which is Monday - Friday, 11:30-6:30 mom & tues and 1:30-6:30 wed thurs fri. I could ride my freaking bike to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment