Sunday, December 28, 2014

We've Moved!

No, not this blog, but we are moving to another farm.
 
All summer I worked and did some training for triathlons, then we went to Phoenix for Ironman and I got signed up for IMAZ2015, then we cane home and spent a month trying to buy the new farm & for the last week its been work, packing, moving and Christmas. OMG, so busy!
 
This next week I don't have any more work days scheduled so I *should* have plenty of time to get my shit packed. But now the cold weather is coming, UGH. I'll be working extra hard in the barn to keep horses watered, waters thawed, and pipes not bursting. I'm going to borrow 3 horses from a friend, close them in at night to keep the barn warmer. When the air is in the low 20's, I need all the help I can get.
 
And since we're moving, I haven't been doing any workouts, not any at all. No walking, no swimming, no biking, no running. We are going to give up our YMCA membership that's about $85 monthly because 1, we aren't going and 2, we need to economize to save for two farm payments. I can swim at SKHS for $3.25 but its COLD and I can ride my bike trainers and run from home or on my own treadmill. I can watch yoga videos if I need to, I can do a weights workout at home.
 
Here is a photo of the workout area I have set up so far in the new house.
Plenty of room for more equipment
 
 
 This is a view from the other direction before I got it all arranged, piles of stuff everywhere.
This area used to be the original kitchen but a new one was added back there, you can see the fridge. I'm going ot have my Computrainer right here facing the window so I can look out and day dream as I ride. I'll also have the CyclOps set up here so I can just ride without a planned workout. The treadmill will be here somewhere too.
 
 
I haven't moved the horses to the new place yet, we need to work on the fences first but getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment