Friday, September 26, 2014

Yukon Do It

I just signed up for our local half marathon, Yukon Do It, to take place Sunday December 28th.
 
This is the race course where I ran my first marathon, December 31, 2011.
5hr 44m 58s

 

It starts in Port Orchard and goes out Beach Drive to Manchester State park & back to town. Almost entirely flat, on previous years it had a negative elevation gain.

It was pretty cheap for a half and today is opening day to register. This gives me something to work toward, I haven't had anything in so long. Irongirl doesn't count, I didn't know if I'd have the day off or not and same with Tri Turtle Tri. I don't actually know if I'll get this race day off either but I'll ask my boss and hope for the best.

Actually, theoretically I'll be signed up for Ironman Arizona 20105 at that time so I'll be working toward that and this will be part of my training.

I guess I better get off my lazy ass and get running.

Today I almost bought a pair of Hoka shoes but couldn't see paying $170 for a type & brand of shoe I've never worn before. I do like my Asics and Saucony.

Check it out, I'm looking pretty damn good. Its about time, riding my bike during the beautiful long summer and now dieting. Pretty soon I'll be riding my bike again and will continue to lose weight. Then I can gain it all back while on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment