Tuesday, October 29, 2013

In One Week

In One Week I'll find out if I get the two weeks off next year that I requested.  I have to bid on vacation days and I chose November 9th thru November 22nd so Lan and I can go to Arizona and volunteer for Ironman Arizona 2014 & sign up for IMAZ 2015. Then, I can train for 2 years AND share my working out with my coworkers. I can also share my race with them and be all excited for it, not have to hide it from them like before.
 
I'm about 99% sure I'll get the two weeks off next year, not a lot of people want to take time at that time of year, they all want May or June. I think IMAZ 2015 will work beautifully for me, it gives me 2 years to get ready. Most importantly, it gives me all of next summer to ride the horses.
 
I really want to do the endurance riding with Sarah, that should be a lot of fun work. Now that Karen is going to be at Bton dock, she is ahead of me on the seniority list so she will get the hours I would have gotten but I'll be back to more time off, to do fun stuff. I do have my priorities.

Handy, going out to pasture

I need another one of these so very badly!

 
Linda and I both need these.
 
I have almost everything together to make a shadow box but I've lost my swim cap! Also, I threw out the yellow tag for my loved one to pick up my stuff, I have no idea what the thing on the bottom right is and I don't have a love note from my wife. But I'm sure I can put something else in there, like the toilet paper roll Lan carried for me.
 
I do have the medal, bike number, helmet number, bib, blue wristband and my envelope, plus extras like the small maps of the course, a FINISHERS sticker and glow I in the dark plastic necklace. Id like to make one for Lan too.

No comments:

Post a Comment