Thursday, June 6, 2024

Its Ours!

We have made the payment and its officially our house and now we have to figure out what the heck we're going to do with it.


We're driving down this next week to spend some time there & probably build so interior supporting walls. We'll only have 2.5 days at the house so we won't get a lot done.

We have decided to take Soren down with us because he's never been on a vacation. I'll take my bike for him to ride and he can own the town. He can help us do a little cleaning up and work too.
I've bought him a bunch of toys and snacks. 
I've also bought chewable Dramamine so in case he gets car sick he can eat one & it will make him better; it will also make him sleep.

I want to get rid of all the old insulation, its ruined from the dope/drugs that were used inside the house while it was a rental.
I have so much stuff here for the house that we need to take down there but its going to be a very tight squeeze.
Just called my FIL, hes going to let us take his RV and we'll have plenty of room AND nice clean places to sleep. We could even pull the small trailer behind it for hauling shit to the dump.
BUT 
We could haul that same trailer behind the escape too and put some crap on it and have room in the car for us. Pulling a trailer is slower.
The Escape alone will cost about $450 in fuel
The RV would be about $950
The escape pulling the trailer would probably cost about $200 more in fuel and take longer and we're not even sure the escape can do it. Its got a lot of miles on it and already having a few issues.
So I guess I'm going to be purchasing the tabs ($125) for the RV and filling it with gas.
And water, I've gotta fill it with water too.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment