Thursday, April 18, 2024

4,348.4

Thats how many miles we drove on this amazing trip.

9 States: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico, Texas and Arizona 

(not in that order) 

And the country of Mexico.

We had a good time, aside from the truck having issues like a burst air shock, broken brakes, camper being bucked back 6 inches a few times from rough roads.

We saw the 4.8.24 total solar eclipse from Del Rio, Texas for 3 minutes 25 seconds, through the cloudy that parted just in time. It was an amazing sight.

We won't have another total eclipse in the lower 48 for 20 years and I'm planning on being just east of Reno, Nevada for that one. I'll be 81 years old.

I was able to spread some of Dentons ashes at Death Valley, on an overlook into the beautiful park and another vial of ashes during the eclipse, again, in a place of grandeur overlooking a big lake.

We were able to visit Jon and that was a good day. We had planned on driving another 300 miles that day but decided to stay there and spent time in the town on Pioche. We looked at a couple houses that are for sale and I have another small one I really want to buy but we weren't able to see that one as it got dark.

I am ready to invest in my future, in some place we can visit where its warm and there will be places to explore. I'm 61 now, I need to get shit going, its time to retire soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment