Saturday, July 2, 2016

PC back so I can post pictures again!

 In February Sunshower got an awful injury on her chest. It took a few days of searching but we found the culprit; she fell onto a hinge on her stall gate. Vet thought it was a TPost and we searched the entire field and found no evidence of that so I was relieved when it was the hinge.
I'm pretty sure she was chased around by the boarded horse and that's how it happened.

This is what Lan found when he went out to feed. About 6x6 inches and 2 inches deep. I was heading to work so when he called I just had him call the vet and I called Abby to assist him until the vet got there.

Vet cleaned it all up





Sewed a few stitches in it. She inserted a drainage tube so that it wouldn't get full of fluids and swell terribly.
 These are the only photos I have on this computer but after a couple days I took her to a friends barn where it could be cared for a lot better and in cleaner conditions. We used TZone wound cream on it and it healed almost perfectly. There is a small bump on her chest but that's all. There was never any infection and I was even able to ride her before it was healed completely.
and my friend, Karen, is awesome and I wish I had more time to spend with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment